If there’s one thing this glorious, questionable country excels at - it’s throwing legendary shindigs. So move over Martha Stewart, because we’re here to tell you exactly what you need for your next pre-drinks. But before we begin.. a little declaimer that corporate insisted we include.. Your Uber star rating is already tragic enough, so drink responsibly and keep hydrated for the sake of your pals, who will inevitably have to take care of you.
FIRST MUST HAVE: You need a good drinking game ready to get the conversation and the drinks flowing... We recommend King Bin Chicken:
SECOND MUST HAVE: It's time to outgrow your standard goon sacks and instead serve these iconic Aussie cocktails.
Milo Espresso Martini
If your mum gave you Milo to go, and go, and go - best believe that this Milo Espresso Martini is going to make you go OFF the handle tonight. And whilst we have to legally tell you to drink responsibly, there’s no obligation for us to make you heap your milo spoon responsibility.. go off sis.
- Add the cognac, cream, creme de cacao and milo into a cocktail shaker with ice and give it a shake.
- Dip the rim of your glass in cream and coat in milo.
- Pour the martini into the glass and top with extra Milo because there’s no such thing as too much. Plus, we all know the best part is the crunchy bits on top.
Also, to really emphasise you’re in your hosting era, why not make some Gummy Beers?
- Pour the beer into a saucepan and sprinkle in the gelatine. Let this sit for 5 minutes to allow the gelatine to develop.
- Bring to medium heat and stir until the gelatine dissolves.
- Add in the sugar and give it a good whiskeroony until it’s fully dissolved.
- Pour this into a silicone mould. We chose bear moulds, but the world’s your oyster; feel free to go buck wild with whatever mould you like.
- Place the moulds into the fridge for 1 hour or until fully set.
- Unmould and enjoy these boozed-up bears that you made from scratch. Even Gordon Ramsay would be proud.
THIRD MUST HAVE: We all know presentation is everything and so it’d be rude not to serve your drinks with a slightly passive aggressive coaster set to really make your guests feel loved.
To really leave a lasting impression on your questionable mates, spruce up your coffee table with this coaster set - it’s the perfect balance of bogan chic and being passive-aggressive to your mates.
With a fun game, drinks and table setting, your next shindig will be one to remember regardless of how much you and your mates consume.